Ride Briefing for the 2016 Tour De Coffs
- Welcome to the 2016 Tour De Coffs. This is a DUBBUG 3 Day community Ride, not a race. The Day 1 Ride will commence at 8.30am from Coffs Harbour Mall, Harbour Drive.
- DUBBUG is an affliated Bicycle User Group of Bicycle NSW. The terms and conditions of Bicycle NSW apply to this ride (see below).
- You must be older than 16 to be on this ride.
- As a participant you may be exposing yourself to risk and harm. There are risks and hazards inherent in cycling activities. Cycling can be a dangerous activity.
- You are responsible to take care to prevent putting yourself, your fellow participants and/or others in danger. By registering you accept the warning as to risk, you agree to ride in a safe & responsible manner and to obey all the Australian road rules.
- You are responsible for your own insurance. We remind you that if you are not a member of Bicycle NSW and DUBBUG you are not covered for public liability.
- Obey the road rules, keep left at all times. Do not cross the centreline. The ride is on road pavement for the majority of the route.
- Obey the legal speed limits at all times. We are sharing the roads with the public. We do not have exclusive use of the roads.
- All cyclists must wear a helmet.
- Your bicycle must be in sound working order. You are responsible to carry your own repair kit and spare parts.
- Please look after one another on the ride.
- Familiarise yourself with the route prior to ride day.
- Take your own drinks and nutrition with you when commencing the ride. Day 1 Morning Tea can be purchased at Nana Glen.
- We strongly recommend you apply sun screen before and during the ride. Riders are encouraged to wear high visibility clothing
- There are limited public toilets along the route.
- Enjoy the ride
Emergency Phone Numbers: Ride Leader – David Spears 0400862254
DUBBUG President – Rayner Janzen 0448222374
Terms & Conditions (as per Bicycle NSW)
- If the Rider is under the age of 18, the Rider must agree to the Parent / Guardian Consent Conditions at the time of registration.
- If the Rider is aged 16 years or younger on the day of the Ride, they must be accompanied on the ride by a Parent / Guardian, as nominated at the time of registration.
- Child Ride entry fees apply to riders under 16 years on the day of The Ride (or the first day of the Ride for multi-day rides).
- DUBBUG may, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse an application for registration.
- All Riders must consider the event criteria and timings before entering into a ride. DUBBUG, as part of the event safety, will enforce all ride criteria and event timings to ensure a safe event for participants and the non-event community.
- No refund or exchange on any ticket except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller.
- Tickets are not transferrable.
- Ride Communications will principally be made via email. The Rider should therefore provide a valid email address.
- It is the Rider’s responsibility to read all information that is made available on the DUBBUG website, in email newsletters, and all other literature concerning the Ride.
Acknowledgment & Waiver
- The Rider acknowledges and agrees that participation in Tour De Coffs is inherently dangerous and that he/she participates in the Ride at his/her own risk. The risks associated with participating in Tour De Coffs include, but are not limited to, the risk that:
- the Rider may be involved in a collision with people, animals, vehicles and/or other objects;
- the Rider may lose his/her balance;
- the Rider may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions;
- the Rider may suffer from physical exertion;
- the Rider may become separated from the cycling group; and
- the Rider may fall from your bicycle,
and these risks may result in the Rider suffering harm including but not limited to death, physical or mental injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There are other risks to which you may be exposed. It is the Rider’s responsibility to ensure that he/she wears appropriate clothing and safety equipment, including a helmet in accordance with paragraph 20.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any term, condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy (including but not limited to a guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”)) which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified.
- The ACL contains guarantees that give consumers certain rights in relation to goods and services they acquire. These guarantees cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except in certain circumstances. Section 139A of the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Cth) (“CCA”) permits a term of a contact for the supply to a consumer of recreational services, to exclude liability of the supplier for death and personal injury arising from the failure to comply with a guarantee provided in sections 60 to 62 of the ACL. To the extent permitted by s139A of the CCA, the Rider acknowledges and agrees that DUBBUG excludes all liability in connection with the supply of recreational services for:
- physical or mental injury;
- the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of a physical or mental injury;
- the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease; and
- the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs in relation to an individual, that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to the individual or community, or that may result in harm or disadvantage to the individual or community, resulting from a failure of DUBBUG to comply with a guarantee in sections 60-62 of the ACL.
This exclusion of liability does not apply where significant personal injury is caused by the reckless conduct of DUBBUG in accordance with s139A of the ACL.
- The Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW) (“CLA”) permits a term of a contact for the supply of recreation services to exclude liability of the supplier for damages for harm resulting from a breach of an express or implied warranty that the services will be rendered with reasonable care and skill. Subject to paragraphs 19 and 20, and to the extent permitted by law, the Rider acknowledges and agrees that DUBBUG excludes all liability for damages for any harm (including but not limited to personal injury or death, damage to property and economic loss and whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) from a failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, regardless of whether the claim is brought in tort (including in negligence), in contract, under statute or otherwise, where such liability results from breach of an express or implied warranty that the services will be rendered with reasonable care and skill.
- Except as expressly included in these Terms and Conditions, all implied terms, conditions, warranties, rights or other additional obligations that can be lawfully excluded are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to clauses 12 and 13, and to the extent permitted by law, by participating in the Tour De Coffs provided by DUBBUG, you agree to indemnify DUBBUG against any claim (including but not limited to those arising in negligence), loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by DUBBUG in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by you or which was in any way connected with your involvement in the Tour De Coffs.
- If the Rider is a Parent/Guardian of a person 16 years or younger (“under age child”) who is participating in the Ride, that Rider consents to the under age child participating in the Ride and agrees to take full and sole responsibility for the underage child’s safety and participation in the Ride.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Rider further agrees and undertakes to DUBBUG for and on behalf of the under age child that the release and indemnity contained in clause 11 applies with full force and effect to the under age child and that the Rider and any spouse or de facto spouse or partner will take no steps of any sort on behalf of the under age child that would result in the release and indemnity in clause 11 being rendered inoperative, of no effect or being declared or ordered by a court of law as not applying to the under age child.
Compliance with Laws
- During the Ride, the Rider must comply with all traffic and road laws, all directions issued by Police and all instructions given by DUBBUG or any employees or officials representing DUBBUG at the Ride. Failure to do so may result in the Rider being removed from the Ride.
- The Rider must wear an Australian standard cycling helmet at all times during the Ride while riding a bicycle.
- Motor-assisted electrical pedal cycles are permitted in the Tour De Coffs.
- Only standard human-powered bicycles, unicycles, tricycles, recumbent, cargo bicycles, tandem bicycles, motor-assisted electrical pedal cycles, kick scooters and hand cycles are permitted on the event.
- The following vehicles (irrespective of the power output of the motor) are prohibited from the Tour De Coffs:
- Motorised foot scooters (with or without a seat) –petrol engine.
- Mini bikes or monkey bikes.
- Motorised human transporters such as the WheelMan or SEGWAY.
- Motorised skateboards – electric/petrol engine.
Preparation, Training, Health & Safety
- The Rider is responsible for ensuring that he/she has adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally for the Ride. If the Rider has any health issues or doubts prior to the Ride, he/she should immediately seek appropriate medical advice.
- If, during the Ride, the Rider becomes ill or is injured, DUBBUG will endeavour to arrange medical transport, usually in an ambulance. Any medical transport will be at the Rider’s expense. (DUBBUG recommends that Riders hold current ambulance service membership and /or health insurance to cover such costs; Bicycle NSW valid membership include public liability and personal accident insurance.)
- It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure they have adequate food and drink for the beginning of the ride. Participants have the opportunity to purchase Day 1 Morning tea at Nana Glen and Afternoon tea at Coutts Crossing. Day 3, apart from breakfast, is at own cost. Food and drink is included in the registration fee covering Day 1 lunch (excluding afternoon tea) to Day 3 breakfast. The food and drink options may be changed or varied without notice to participants.
- The Rider must ride in a safe and responsible manner during the Ride and use common sense at all times.
- The Rider must exercise caution on all public roads and other thoroughfares and ride defensively and courteously.
Ride & Ride Option Variation
- DUBBUG reserves the right to change or vary the event without notice.
- DUBBUG reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to:
- Change or vary the route of any of the Ride Options without notice;
- Cancel, postpone, reschedule or change the time or place for the Ride or any of the Ride Options for any reason and at any time prior to the commencement of the Ride; and
- To the extent permitted by law, DUBBUG is not responsible for or liable to the Rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise and howsoever or wheresoever incurred by the Rider resulting from any such action taken by DUBBUG.
Private Support Vehicles
- Private support vehicles are permitted on the Ride.
- The Rider acknowledges and agrees that he/she may be photographed or filmed during the Ride and consents to DUBBUG using the Rider’s picture and likeness contained in any photographs or film for publicising the Ride and for promoting any future ride or event to be staged by DUBBUG.
- In the course of business being conducted between you and DUBBUG;
- In other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between you and DUBBUG;
- When permitted by you or at your request; and
- Where legally required to do so.
- The Ride will be held outdoors and will proceed notwithstanding poor weather conditions on the day of the Ride. DUBBUG is not liable to the Rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind including, but not limited to, refund of entry fees, in the event of poor weather before or during the Ride.
- DUBBUG reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse to allow the Rider to participate in the Ride or to remove the Rider from the Ride for breach of these terms and conditions or if it otherwise determines it appropriate to do so.
- DUBBUG is not liable to the Rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, including but not limited to, the refund of the entry fee, if the Rider is denied access to or removed from the Ride for any reason.
- “DUBBUG” means Dorrigo Urunga Bellingen Bicycle Users Group NSW Incorporated ABN 51422880539 and includes where appropriate DUBBUG’s employees, agents, contractors and officers.